- Coronavirus live updates: Senate reconvenes; J.Crew files for bankruptcy; Pence regrets not wearing mask by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 1:40 pm
The Senate reconvenes as more states across the country reopen their economies. A new report says China hid the outbreak's severity.
- J. Crew store closings possible as retailer files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 1:04 pm
The J. Crew Group announced it has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, as coronavirus batters retailers shut down due to the pandemic.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: They wanted respect. It only took a coronavirus pandemic and worldwide economic collapse. by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 1:02 pm
A coronavirus pandemic and quarantine orders showed millions of families that America's teachers are not just convenient, but essential.
- New 'Twilight' book 'Midnight Sun' coming Aug. 4; author Stephenie Meyer says 'it's definitely darker' by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 1:00 pm
"Midnight Sun," the fifth book in Stephenie Meyer's young-adult "Twilight" series, is set to be published Aug. 4.
- 'It makes no sense': Feds consider relaxing infection control in U.S. nursing homes by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 12:59 pm
A rule proposed by the U.S. government would change the time an infection preventionist must devote to a facility, from part-time to sufficient time.
- Working at home had a positive effect on productivity during the pandemic, survey shows by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 12:55 pm
The COVID-19 pandemic created a test run of sorts for Americans working at home. But the big question remains: Will it become more permanent?
- Trying to make sense of the stock market? It might be best to ignore earnings, for now by Arizona Republic on May 4, 2020 at 12:46 pm
Given the coronavirus pandemic and resulting economic fallout, it might be wise to focus on a company's stability rather than its stock.
- More than 100K remain without power in Nashville after storm wallops Tennessee by Nashville Tennessean on May 4, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Severe thunderstorms knocked out power to thousands in Nashville on Sunday evening.
- Coronavirus takes steam out of home buying season but sales, prices should rebound by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 12:22 pm
Home sales will likely plunge this spring in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, but bounce back by the end of next year, according to Zillow.
- Poll: Democrats want to see Elizabeth Warren as Joe Biden's vice president pick by USA TODAY on May 4, 2020 at 12:18 pm
Joe Biden has said he'll name a woman as his pick for vice president, and Democrats put Elizabeth Warren at the top of their list.